GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN SEED PROTEIN OATCAKES
Welcome to a recipe for protein oatcakes! these are hearty crackers that work with both sweet and savory toppings. I strongly recommend you give them a shot. You can make the oatcakes sweet by using, for example, vanilla whey protein powder! This will transform them into a more cookie type cracker, or you can just make them plain and top them with things like cheese, Serrano, ham, nut butter, roast beef, cottage cheese and did someone say caviar ?
1/2 cup rolled (gluten-free or regular)
2 tablespoons unflavored whey protein powder
2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 farenheit and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, or use a nonstick cookie sheet.
- using an immersion blender, blender, or food processor, blend together all ingredients. You'll notice that the mix is really sticky; thats okay.
- Spread it on the cookie sheet thinly, as if you were making one giant flat cookie.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until its firm to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and when cool, use your circular protein powder scoop, cookie cuttler, or an upside-down glass cut out some circles.
- You'll get fpur to five circles out of the mix above, depending on which size scoop you use to cut them. You can then just eat them like they are, OR you can grill them further so they get extra crunchy and that's it !!
Nutrition Data Per Serving
127kcals. 7.5g protein. 13.8g carbs 4.2g fat, 2.3g fiber